There is nothing like a beautiful tan. It gives you that healthy glow and makes it look like you’ve been spending all your time at the beach. Whether you are going out for a night on the town, having an intimate weekend at home or are out and about, a tan could be your favorite thing you wear. You have three choices when it comes to getting that tan. You can bake in the sun, you can lay in a tanning bed or you can opt for sunless tanning at our salon in Madison. If you are looking for the safest way to get that bronze skin that you love so much, sunless tanning is the way to go.
Spray tanning is the healthiest option for your skin. Tanning in the sun or a tanning bed takes a major toll on your skin. You can expect premature aging and you will increase your risk of skin cancer. You also have no control over the shade of your tan.
When you choose sunless tanning, you are bringing on a temporary change to the surface of your skin that will fade in time. Tanning sprays will not hurt your skin. You won’t be doing any harm as you get the bronze body that you want.
Sunless tanning also gives you more control when it comes to the shade that you prefer. You can go darker or lighter. A sunless tan allows you to get a tan as needed. You don’t have to depend on the weather or spend several days in a tanning booth. One visit to our salon in Madison and you can have the tan of your dreams.
TIPS FOR GETTING AND KEEPING THE BEST TAN
Before Spray Tanning
- Use an exfoliator 3 days prior to remove dead skin cells. Concentrate on your hands, elbows, and knees. This will allow the tan to penetrate evenly by removing any oils.
- Don’t use another self-tanning product for at least one week before your spray tan. Check out our Glow on the Go for touch ups in between spray tan appointments!
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours before you get a spray tan.
- Don’t wear makeup, deodorant, perfume, body oil, or lotion on the day of your spray tan. These products can react with tanning agents.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment with flip flops or sandals.
During Spray Tanning Development
- Allow the spray tan to absorb for a few minutes before getting dressed.
- Keep skin completely dry. Avoid water and any activities that will make you sweat.
- Don’t apply products over the tan as it develops.
- Allow your tan to develop overnight — 8-10 hours minimum. We do offer a rapid development spray tan – shower in as little as two hours!
After Your Spray Tan Has Developed
- Rinse off any remaining color with warm water.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) by checking your product labels. These products can strip away the color of your tan.
- Avoid swimming in a chlorinated pool. It can cause your tan to fade prematurely.
- Moisturize at least twice a day! The better your skin condition, the longer your tan will last.
- Do not use heavily oil-based products as this will lift the tan. We have a lotion specifically formulated to work with your spray tan!
- Exfoliate your skin 5 to 7 days after your spray tan, this will ensure your tan fades evenly.