Spray Tanning Preparation
- Exfoliate with Infinity Sun non abrasive body masque. Only use an abrasive exfoliant up to 3 days prior to your Infinity Sun Session as this will create abrasions that will interfere with the evenness of the application
- Do not wear lotion
- Do not wear deodorant
- Indulge in your Infinity Sun Normalize Elixir
- Wear loose, dark clothing and open toed sandals
- Wait until the following day to shower or sweat
- Do not swim, as this will remove the sunless tanner
- Use the Extend or Extend with Shimmer to keep the skin hydrated and make the tan last longer
- Use the Infinity Sun Glow on the Go Sunless Tanner to touch up the face, hands, and feet between the Infinity Sun sessions.
TIPS FOR GETTING AND KEEPING THE BEST TAN
Before Spray Tanning
- Use an exfoliator 3 days prior to remove dead skin cells. Concentrate on your hands, elbows, and knees. This will allow the tan to penetrate evenly by removing any oils.
- Don’t use another self-tanning product for at least one week before your spray tan. Check out our Glow on the Go for touch ups in between spray tan appointments!
- Wax or shave at least 24 hours before you get a spray tan.
- Don’t wear makeup, deodorant, perfume, body oil, or lotion on the day of your spray tan. These products can react with tanning agents.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing to your appointment with flip flops or sandals.
During Spray Tanning Development
- Allow the spray tan to absorb for a few minutes before getting dressed.
- Keep skin completely dry. Avoid water and any activities that will make you sweat.
- Don’t apply products over the tan as it develops.
- Allow your tan to develop overnight — 8-10 hours minimum. We do offer a rapid development spray tan – shower in as little as two hours!
After Your Spray Tan Has Developed
- Rinse off any remaining color with warm water.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) by checking your product labels. These products can strip away the color of your tan.
- Avoid swimming in a chlorinated pool. It can cause your tan to fade prematurely.
- Moisturize at least twice a day! The better your skin condition, the longer your tan will last.
- Do not use heavily oil-based products as this will lift the tan. We have a lotion specifically formulated to work with your spray tan!
- Exfoliate your skin 5 to 7 days after your spray tan, this will ensure your tan fades evenly.