Spray Tanning Preparation
- Shower the day before your spray tan.
- Use a non abrasive exfoliator the day before your spray tan (if you have an abrasive exfoliator, make sure you use this 3 days prior to your spray tan).
- Wax or shave 24 hours prior to your spray tan.
- Do not wear lotion, deodorant, makeup, perfume, body oil, or essential oils the day of your appointment.
- Do not use any other self tanning products at least one week before your appointment.
During Spray Tan Development
- Before getting dressed, make sure you allow enough time for the spray tan to absorb.
- Keep skin completely dry. AVOID water and any activities that will make you sweat.
- Don’t apply any products over the spray tan as it develops.
- Allow your tan to develop overnight — 8-10 hours for our signature spray tan, 2-10 hours for our rapid development ultra dark.
After Your Spray Tan Has Developed
- Take a warm water shower. Don’t use bar soap — we recommend a clear shower gel.
- Avoid shower products with Alpha Hydroxy Acids ( AHAs) by checking your product labels. These products can strip away the color of your tanDo not rub with a towel. Simply pat dry.
- If you will be swimming, the spray tan will fade faster. Use Glow on the Go to keep your spray tan looking fresh!
- Moisturize twice a day. The more your skin in hydrated the longer your tan will last.
- Do not use any heavily oil-based products as this lift the tan. We have a product specifically formulated to extend your spray tan and moisturizer your skin.
- Once your tan starts to fade, you may exfoliate your skin to help it fade more evenly.